The sun is shining (sometimes) and daffodils are in full bloom, so now is a perfect time to have a good spring clear out.
However, when you are chucking out those embarrassing Christmas night out photos from 10 years ago or ditching the multiple copies of healthcare reports you have somehow managed to accumulate over the years, keep a look out for the little gems of NHS history.
Our NHS Forth Valley Archivist at the University of Stirling is always on the look out for treasures such as:
- Stirling District Asylum case notes volumes, 1917 onwards
- The Passing Hour, magazine of the Stirling District Asylum, various issues missing from Volumes 1-8 (1901-1908)
- Stirling District Asylum mortuary/post-mortem records
- Stirling Royal Infirmary Nurses’ League magazines, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1961, 1962, 1975, 1979
Any records, photos or publications linked to:
- Airthrey Castle Maternity Hospital
- Larbert Base Hospital (war time records)
- Bannockburn Hospital
- Blinkbonny Home/Windsor Hospital
Any other documents or photos that you think may be of historical interest. Please also ask any relatives or friends who have worked for NHS Forth Valley in the past if they have any material they wish to donate.
If you have any items of interest or have any questions, please contact:
Amy Cawood, Corporate Records Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org